24 August 2007

Ratatainment













Why would anyone want to see a film about rats? And that too an animation, meant for kids! And so, there we were, just the seven of us in the entire cinema hall.

And yet, at the end of the film, I left the theatre jubilant. For, ‘Ratatouille’ was one of the best animation films I’ve seen in my life. For ‘Ratatouille’ appealed to the adult as well as the child in me. Not just in the audience, but in the message. For, ‘Ratatouille’ inspired me to follow my dreams.

It’s the story of a field rat called Remy who believed in a better life – not just in the food he ate, but also from an evolutionary perspective. Through a series of accidents and a firm belief in himself, he manages to garner the support of his detractors and find his place in his world. How many of us can manage that!

There is more, of course: a plot with a twist, a cache of eccentric characters, a play on emotions, messages for kids, fun and laughter. And Pixar-quality animation. It’s entertainment for the entire family. Don’t miss this film.

No comments: