04 May 2007

Blogging

“Anybody who has good writing skills, access to information and who can come up with an opinion about the world, investigate it, have an interesting idea … can just post it on their blog. This is what the best bloggers are doing. They don’t need the infrastructure of a news organisation to do their job; it’s all about that one solitary individual who has something interesting to say.”

That’s Jimmy Wales (Mr Wikipedia) speaking, in an interview with Matthew Buckland last month which I read on the Net just yesterday.

What Jimmy Wales says makes me feel good because that’s what I believed in when I began blogging two years ago. I believe in it even now. Jimmy Wales’ words endorse what I do as a blogger in ‘sunstruck’, my other blog, which is written in an editorial style expressing my view of the world.

The question is, then, what am I doing with this blog, ‘Unsettled Views’, which is more of a confessional than an editorial? Written like a diarist, recording random thoughts which seem to have some meaning or significance in my life, this blog is not written along the lines “what the best bloggers are doing.”

So….

No comments: