01 April 2007

Nomad

I’ve been a nomad, an expatriate of my own creation, a restless soul, unsettled, unable to stay in one place for long. Change has been my shadow, my companion. And yet, I’ve not been a good friend to it. Some strange twist of fate has intervened, and I’ve been unfaithful.

I’ve desired a settled life, craved for it at times, especially when I’ve been in love with a beautiful woman (a few times that has been, not very many), wanting to put down my roots, didn’t matter where, build a homestead rather than wander all over. But a twist of fate has changed that too.

I’ve been impulsive, living life on immediate decisions, no contingency plan, not caring for repercussions. It has been an adventure, defying status quo, free-wheeling to new (and sometimes unknown) destinations, intoxicating. I’ve lived my life as an explorer, a geographer, a series of ‘what ifs’ charting my path.

Who knows where I will be tomorrow.

No comments: